Thursday, July 22, 2010

2nd Session........and a band shoot!


What a busy week it's been. Two senior sessions with Michael H, and a band shoot tomorrow at the House of Blues - Myrtle Beach! So when Michael and I got together for his senior shoot this past Sunday we knew we would run out of light before we were able to shoot everything we anted to do. So we did the urban part of the shoot on Sunday and scheduled the 2nd session for Tuesday.
The plan for Tuesday was to shoot Michael in his football gear. We met at 8:30 a.m. and had to go to a secondary location because our first spot was overrun with athletes working out. This does not make the most pleasing background so we ended up going to Central High and asked if we could use their field for a few photos. Well, a few photos turned into several photos. Coach Joel Helton was very gracious and let us use the field. I want to thank Coach Helton publicly.

After shooting at the field we took a short break for lunch. My wife and kid's were meeting my eldest son's teach from last year at Five Guys on Emory Road so we decided to meet them. Awesome burgers guys! Michael had never been there but I suspect he'll be back. If you haven't been to Five Guys Burger and Fries, you need to check it out. The burgers are great and they load you up with great fries as well. Man, I could throw down on one of those burgers right now.

So after lunch we headed over to the studio. I had a couple of ideas I wanted to try with Michael and he agreed to try them. I totally want to post a couple of these pics here but I have to wait until he and his family see them next week. I really want to see their expressions when they see them. They are some of my favorite photos I have ever taken (excluding my kids and my wife). I will be posting a few of these next week after Michael and his family have viewed them.

Next up is a concert shoot at the House of Blues - Myrtle Beach. I have been a musician for most of my life. I started playing bass guitar when I was 15 years old and I mess around with guitar as well. So any time I get an opportunity to combine two of my passions (music and photography) I am really stoked.

Back in the Spring I was fortunate enough to see a great band at the Valarium in Knoxville. The band was Frontiers - Journey Tribute Band. This is not just "a" Journey tribute band, this THE Journey tribute band. I'll save some of this for another blog, but suffice it to say these guys are awesome! And they're a great bunch of guys too. Well, except Stephen, the guitar player. Ok, I'm just kidding, he's a great guy too, even if he is a Brit. So anyway, my boys LOVE Journey so when we talked to Jeremey Hunsicker, the lead singer, after the Valarium show, he told us about an upcoming show in Gray, TN. It was at a Bar-B-Que festival and we would be able to take the kids. Sweet!!!

So at this gig we found out they were gonna be in Kingsport, TN., the following week. So again, we loaded up the kiddos and headed up I-81. Not only did we get to enjoy a fun night with great music, Stephen suggested we we should think about coming to see them at the House of Blues in Myrtle Beach. After talking to Jeremey, it was set. I was gonna be shooting them there. How cool is that??

So the wife and I are taking a work-cation to the beach (thanks Jeremey!) and I will have pics from the show as well as a review when we return.

Thanks for checking out the blog and please tel your friends and check back for updates!
~greg

No comments:

Post a Comment



Boys and Girls

blah blah blah